The Myra Museum was constructed in 1976 for the Grand Forks County Historical Society, with funds from the Myra Foundation. Its architecture reflects the Gothic Revival style of the Campbell House.
The Myra Foundation is the legacy of John Myra (1857-1939), a pioneer of Emerado, North Dakota, who operated a lumber business and farm implement dealership and was a major landowner in Grand Forks County. At the time of his death there were no natural heirs to his estate, and so the Myra Foundation was created to fund charitable and educational activities within Grand Forks County. Within the Myra Museum, one will find exhibits representing a wide range of Grand Forks’ history from the Ice Age to the settlement period, along with local trends in popular culture.